At Providus Mortgage Investment Corporation (“PMIC”), we value our investors and maintaining investor trust and confidence is our highest priority. While it is necessary that we obtain accurate and current information about our investors in order to provide the highest level of customer service, we are dedicated to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of our investors’ information.
PMIC will never sell your personal information to anyone. We will not use or distribute your personal information in any way without prior notification to you. We promise that we will uphold the privacy policies and procedures as set forth below.
Information we collect about our Customers:
- The personal information we collect from you comes from information you supply to us in investment applications (whether written or electronic), or in other forms you may provide to us. This information may include your name, address, social insurance or tax identification number, personal identification, and financial information about you or your businesses.
- Information regarding your transactions with us including your share purchase history or your use of the various services and products that we provide.
- Information about your credit history and information we may receive from various consumer reporting agencies.
Information we may share about our Customers:
- PMIC will not sell personal information regarding our current or former customers.
- PMIC may share personal information about our current and former investors with our affiliated companies and service providers around the world.
(Affiliated companies and service providers may include, but are not limited to, our management company, share registry/transfer firms, mortgage brokers, and investment broker/dealers maintaining RRSP and other registered accounts.) In either case, your personal information will remain subject to the strictest confidentiality protections.
- To the extent that we may engage unaffiliated companies to assist in providing services on our web site, such providers will be subject to stringent contractual requirements to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information they may obtain in connection with the performance of their services for us. We will make every effort to make sure that they receive the minimum amount of personal information necessary and will be allowed to retain that information only for as long as necessary in order to provide such services. Such service providers will only be allowed to use personal information in the course of providing services to PMIC, and only for the purposes that we authorize.
Information we may disclose:
- We may disclose information about current or former investors in order to cooperate with legal or regulatory authorities or pursuant to a court order or subpoena.
- We may also disclose personal information as necessary to perform credit checks, collect debts, enforce our legal rights or otherwise protect our interests and property.
PMIC is committed to the protection of your personal information and to protecting your privacy.
- Only authorized employees or agents will have access to your personal information. All of our employees, affiliates and service providers are held to the highest standards of privacy and security.